Manager, Demand and Supply Chain Operations (Beauty Brand CPG - NYC)
London and NYC based Commodity is a lifestyle beauty brand that collaborates with some of the world's most accomplished artisans in each of our categories to deliver creative, unisex, cruelty-free product offerings. Please visit Commodity.co.uk to explore our brand.
Our product catalog currently spans fine fragrance, body, home, and hotel amenities. In 2019, we will launch Commodity Skin in select retailers and d2c online. Commodity fine fragrances are sold through prestige retailers (SpaceNK, Sephora) in over 550 doors and online in 15 countries. Our online direct to consumer channels across 30 countries are through Commodity.co.uk, as well as via social commerce through @commodity on Instagram.
Please note candidates must have current beauty brand / industry experience to apply. Commodity is seeking a NYC (midtown Manhattan) based Demand Planning Analyst with CURRENT demand planning and forecasting experience with an omnichannel beauty brand to join our team. The ideal candidate is a detail perfectionist with the ability to provide real-time, accurate and beautifully presented communications of past, present, future metrics across all sales channels and skus. This position reports to Commodity’s VP. Operations, working cross functionally with trade marketing and finance to provide global analysis and reporting associated with sales forecasting and tracking, demand planning, inventory management and production. You are a self-starter with the ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and across other functional areas, absolutely LOVES data, EXPERT at excel, master of presentation. This selected candidate will be one who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast growth environment.
As Demand Planning Analyst at Commodity, you will be responsible for:
- Owning global reporting and sales analysis for all channels by sku, by door weekly, monthly annually. Roll into global report on weekly basis for management reporting.
- Analysis of all weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, year over year and comp growth sales for all retail across each retailer by door and D2C ecomm on our US and UK sites.
- Recap, analyze, and report to relevant stakeholders sales results, such as weekly retail sales, monthly wholesale shipments, retail sales by SKU, mix of business, best sellers, and new product performance.
- Provide weekly updated, forward 12 month rolling schedule for the brand on all production needs and alerts for shortfalls in inventories across all skus to maximize sales and service levels to our accounts.
- Provide weekly outlining inventory position and supply risks/opportunities taking into consideration all cycle timelines for production and existing inventory across two global warehouses.
- Determine proper inventory levels to support sales and forecasted requirements and schedule the ordering based on import lead-times and other built in constraints.
- Update forecasts for new products or adjust forecast for existing skus based on seasonal order flow or special promotions that will increase orders and demand.
- Manage, track, and communicate allocations to support inventory merchandise strategy for newness, events, and promotions.
- Study IOH at retailers to ensure we are not over shipping.
- Perform quarterly stock aging and inventory turnover analysis.
- Maintain master lot tracker for finished goods and components.
- Assist with monthly inventory reconciliations and resolve issues caused by discrepancies with inventory reports and support process improvement opportunities to reduce future discrepancies.
- Reconcile monthly returns reports for ecomm.
Evaluate and create processes and tools to support the planning process.
- Produce and analyze ad-hoc and/or ongoing reporting as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of experience in forecasting, pricing, analysis, demand planning, supply chain, finance or inventory management.
- Proficiency in MS Office; must have advanced Excel skills.
- Must have a strong analytical mindset with a keen eye for detail and the ability to problem solve.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and strong attention to detail and quality control.
- Must have a very strong work ethic with the ability to adjust quickly to the demands of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively.
- Be part of a great team building one of the beauty / lifestyle sector's most sought after brands
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience level
- Performance-based bonus plan
- Healthcare Plan
- Office from one of the most entrepreneurial environments in NYC