Intern, Trade Marketing (Beauty Brand CPG)
Commodity is a lifestyle beauty brand that collaborates with some of the world's most accomplished artisans in each of our categories to deliver creative, unisex, cruelty-free product offerings. Please visit Commodity.co.uk to explore our brand.
Our product catalog currently spans fine fragrance, body, home, and hotel amenities. In 2019, we will launch Commodity Skin in select retailers and d2c online. Commodity fine fragrances are sold through prestige retailers (SpaceNK, Sephora) in over 550 doors and online in 15 countries. Our online direct to consumer channels across 30 countries are through Commodity.co.uk, as well as via social commerce through @commodity on Instagram.
We are seeking a Trade Marketing Intern with a hands-on mentality to be part of the Marketing team at Commodity’s office in NYC (Midtown Manhattan). You will report into the Director, Trade Marketing and work closely together with cross functional teams within the company.
As the Trade Marketing Intern, your role is to support the Director, Trade Marketing in several marketing related projects.
This includes, but is not limited to these responsibilities:
- Maintain Marketing calendars for all markets and retail partners
- Support Director, Trade Marketing with global retailers’ day-to-day needs
- Assist Marketing team for retailer and market launches
- Assist Marketing Team for product launches
- Prepare weekly sales report for certain retailers/ markets
- Develop and execute strategy and calendar for Sephora Community platform to drive brand awareness and engagement
- Monitor global retail partners’ sites to make sure Commodity is on brand
- Partner with field team to develop relevant marketing and education tools
- Assist with retailers’ presentations and seasonal meetings
- Develop competitive analysis and market studies
- Support office needs such as shipping and coordinating shipments with the Operations team
These describe you:
- Bachelor or Master student in Marketing, Communication or a related field of study.
- Prior experience as an intern in the beauty industry
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills
- Sense of humor
- Strong organizational skills
- Perfectionist – the details matter!
- Entrepreneurial & creative spirit with sense of urgency
- Strong self-discipline and work ethic; we prefer not to micro-manage
- Be able to roll up your sleeves and “do work” without a supporting team
- Ability to take full ownership, multi-task, and drive projects
- Excited to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Interest for technology and innovation
- Fluent in English
We are looking for our full time Trade Marketing Intern to start by early January 2019. The internship is a fixed term for minimum 3 months, preferably 6 months.