Graphic Designer, London (Lifestyle Beauty Brand / CPG)
We are a small, friendly London based team, looking for a new member to collaborate with on an ever-growing number of exciting projects which vary from global advertising campaigns to traditional graphic design. This role is pivotal within the brand team in supporting our London based creative agency, ico Design. You will brainstorm and work with them and the Commodity team collaboratively on brand awareness, event and social marketing, packaging projects, developing the global creative output of the Commodity brand.
The ideal person for this role is a conscientious designer with a minimum of three years’ experience. You will want to push creative boundaries but also understand the importance of coherence and consistency to the brand elements created by ico with brand leadership. You will have have a natural interest in design and art direction within beauty and fashion; be energetic, social, and a team-player who can establish and build excellent relationships, not only within our creative agency but also with all other departments that you are working with. You will have a strong eye for detail, and are interested in what is culturally relevant in terms of music, art and design.
Key to success in this role will be the ability to prioritise your time well to ensure you are consistently meeting deadlines whilst multitasking and working across a broad range of projects. Your portfolio will show clear and strong examples of graphic design and art direction, exhibiting excellent Creative Suite knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Please note the the branding publicly available for Commodity (Commodity.co.uk, @commodity, all packaging in stores) will completely change in April 2019. ico Design has fully rebranded every aspect of the company as we prepare to add new product categories and increase our d2c sales online and in brand owned boutiques.
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
- Be responsible for the exceptional delivery of all projects assigned to you ensuring that you are meeting deadlines communicating to all stakeholders throughout
- Curate and create innovative social content by collaborating with illustrators, animators and photographers
- Manage and own all assigned projects from concept to execution – these range across applications such as packaging, presentation decks, social media, display ads, event execution, shoots etc
- Assist in driving consistency across the team through working to brand guidelines with consistent attention to detail before obtaining approval
- Contribute to ideas for campaigns and other communications
- Ensure close collaboration with production companies and external creative partners, such as photographers where needed, to ensure exceptional and timely delivery of projects
- Build and maintain excellent relationships internally and externally to help meet the strategic objectives of the business
- Be responsible for effective time management communicating any concerns regarding deadlines to the wider team and recommending potential solutions
- Liaise with stakeholders to collate content for design of internal / external presentations
- Strong portfolio of graphic design (art direction is an advantage)
- A passion for and knowledge of beauty and fashion
- Excellent Creative Suite knowledge
- InDesign (essential)
- Photoshop (essential)
- Illustrator (essential)
- Excellent typographic skills
- The ability work independently and take direction
- Commodity offers a salary commensurate with experience
- Opportunity to work with London, Paris and NYC based operations teams on a fast growth lifestyle brand
- Participate in the launch and management of our global rebrand
- Standard UK vacation of 28 days for full time employees