Retail Trade Marketing Manager, Europe & ME (Beauty Brand - London)
London based Commodity is a lifestyle beauty brand that collaborates with some of the world's most accomplished artisans in each of our categories to deliver creative, unisex, cruelty-free product offerings. Please visit Commodity.co.uk to explore our brand.
Our product catalog currently spans fine fragrance, body, home, and hotel amenities. In 2019, we will launch Commodity Skin in select retailers and d2c online. Commodity fine fragrances are sold through prestige retailers (SpaceNK, Sephora) in 608 doors and online in 15 countries. Our online direct to consumer channels across 30 countries are through Commodity.co.uk, as well as via social commerce through @commodity on Instagram.
For the next phase of our business, we are adding a London based “Retail Trade Marketing Manager” to manage our UK, EU and Middle East accounts. The ideal candidate will have an existing working relationship with a beauty brand driving successful year-over-year comp growth within SpaceNK UK, Sephora Middle East and Sephora Europe. Candidates with current or recent "indie" or "niche" brand experience for brands in excess of $25 million in sales will be favoured. This position will initially report to Commodity’s London based founder and CEO.
The ideal candidate is highly creative, you love the beauty industry and have a true passion for your area of expertise. Our optimal candidate is well versed and experienced in the necessary cultural sensitivities required to represent the brand on trips to various regions of the Middle East, particularly in KSA. As such, the ideal candidate will speak Arabic, but this is not required.
You are a self-starter and have experience developing and cultivating relationships with merchants and all cross-functional partners involved in developing and executing successful retail marketing initiatives for a beauty brand. You feel at ease partnering with marketing, production, education, field teams, operations and creative executives to deliver on the company’s objectives including but not limited to: innovation leadership, revenue growth, customer demands and retailer demands.
As Retail Trade Marketing Manager, you will be tasked to design, manage and execute the full retail / etail marketing plans with our prestige wholesale partners across your assigned regions while foreseeing future opportunities to elevate brand awareness, drive sales, maximize ROI, amplify category growth, and ensure local market success. At the onset, from our London base office, this includes 25+ SpaceNK UK doors, 65 Sephora Middle East Doors, and 25 Sephora Australia doors. In 2019, we will be expanding with additional doors / partners (retail and etail) across Europe.
This includes, but is not limited to these responsibilities:
- Develop and manage trade marketing plans, by retailer/region.
- Act as liaison with retailers and internal departments to secure opportunities and coordinate initiatives
- Develop and manage a sampling plan that link back to the overall brand objectives, focus on new client acquisition and deliver strong ROI
- Plan and execute unique 360 campaigns by retailer/region to support new product launches and core repromotes, meeting / exceeding sales expectations
- Responsible for assortments, recommending new product launches and discontinuations and coordinating assortment changes with retailers
- Liaison with Creative/Visual Merchandising on all fixture & graphic updates; own add/delete file
- Focus on developing education materials to support field team which you will schedule and oversee
- Own etailer asset forms for each retailer, partner with internal teams to ensure most updated content (copy and creative) is posted on retailer sites.
- Focus on retaining and engaging clients through retailer loyalty program
- Maintain and develop master documents such as marketing calendar and cross functional documents
- Liaison with retailer planning team on product forecast, PO short ships, post launch performance.
- Own e-tailer’s community board posts and chats
- Own competitive studies, share gap analysis with leadership on quarterly basis.
- Monitor client feedback on major product launches
- Monitor industry best practices
- Own performance analysis to track success or trouble points in each account
- Budget management for all aspects of each retailer account
- Be able to travel when needed across the UK, EU, Middle East and Australia
These describe you:
- 3+ years shepherding account growth for a beauty brand in a wholesale setting
- 3-5 years of direct experience in Trade Marketing
- Sense of humor
- Strong analytical skills
- Relevant experience with fast growth brands in beauty
- Entrepreneurial & creative spirit with sense of urgency
- Experience managing relationships with laboratories from business side to technical
- Strong executive presence in communication (oral and written)
- Strong self-discipline and work ethic; we prefer not to micro-manage
- Be able to roll up your sleeves and “do work” in the beginning without a supporting team
- Perfectionist – the details matter
- Strong communication, problem solving, and project management skills
- Ability to take full ownership, multi-task, and drive projects
- High level of independence and resourcefulness
- Excited to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-energy environment
- A strong sense of ownership and personal accountability
- Your integrity and dependability are never in question
- Ability to pivot and adjust to a fast paced, ever changing environment
- English preferred. French and/ or other European languages are an added benefit.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience level.
- Performance-based bonus
- Amazing work partners
- Office from one of the most entrepreneurial environments in London